Katie Ledecky has practiced at this pool, Connecticut Belair, in Montgomery county.
Quick facts about Montgomery County Maryland
- Montgomery county is located just north of Washington D.C.
- 507 total square miles
- About 1 million people live in Montgomery county
- Montgomery county has 12 towns, 4 villages, 3 cities, and many census-designated places
- Montgomery county is the second richest county in the state of Maryland regarding per-capita income
- Montgomery county is part of the Washington Metropolitan area which includes 7 counties in Maryland and 5 counties in Virginia
Garrett Park is a popular neighborhood in Montgomery county. It's adjacent to Rock Creek Park and features Victorian and Arts & Craft style homes built before 1900.
Montgomery county includes the city of Silver Spring where Discovery Communications is headquartered. Bethesda Maryland, another city in Montgomery county, is home to Marriott International's headquarters and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Rockville Maryland is the county seat and home to over 160 bio-tech companies. In fact, the area's nicknamed DNA Alley and home to many government agencies too.
Young athletes like Katie Ledecky, Kyle Snyder, and Helen Maroulis live close to theNational Mall where all the museums are free and each one takes hours to explore. There are many opportunities to explore the outdoors
Montgomery county is very green with many parks, lakes, and hiking & biking trails. In fact, most home buyers in Montgomery county have easy access to green space. If you're moving to the Greater Washington D.C. area, consider a move to Montgomery county.
Today, Montgomery county celebrates their hometown athletes who made history at the Summer Olympics in Rio.